Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Favorite Longer Poems (with video links)

Well, this list is a bit different, in a lot of ways.  First, and most obviously, it's not a list of 10.  Mind you, I'm going ahead and publishing it because really, I've got a lot more than 10 links in here, and I'm eager to hear what you think!  Do please check out them all out and leave a comment below!

Ahhh yes, the criteria for this list?  Longer poems that I love to recite aloud.  It's not a comprehensive list, merely a list of the ones that sprang first into my mind.  Enjoy!

1.  "The Cremation of Sam McGee" by Robert Service

2.  "If" by Rudard Kipling

3.  "Ulysses" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson


4.  "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge





5.  "Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night" by Dylan Thomas
Trust me, that's the only link you'll need.  Dylan Thomas does an amazing job with this poem.  Just think of all the English class video responses I'm saving you from, and click (only) that link!


No comments:

Post a Comment